So we originally built this visualization as a tool to see if our data was good (it's hard to tell just by looking at 3.2 million rows of numbers in a database). Anyway, before long we realized that it was kinda fun to stare at, so we made a video and put it up on Vimeo.
Then Kevin thought it might be fun to make it a screensaver, and the rest is history.
myttc-screensaver.exe [600Kb] (Windows only - for now)
The installer will open your Display control panel when it is finished - from there you can select and configure the MyTTC screensaver.
- Yes, the busses ARE moving (the city is big after all)
- It can take a few seconds to start up, there is a lot of data!
- The display is based on the schedules, so it might be off depending on the TTC.
- Because of the way the schedule works, sometimes busses will disappear temporarily at the end of their routes.
- The data is a few months behind, so you shouldn't rely on it